Bluestone’s model of care, tailored to patients living with multiple chronic conditions and disabilities, recognizes that patients need an approach to care that is preventative, proactive and includes all members of the care team. The care team is comprised of Bluestone medical providers, nurses and social workers collaborating with patients’ other healthcare providers and families.
Bluestone uses a mobile clinic approach to provide care to patients where they are, including in residential and home-based settings. We invest in simple, yet effective, technology that allows the entire care team to communicate 24-7.
This proactive approach to chronic and disability care means scheduled visits, a focus on preventative care services and screenings, and goals of care discussions.
In Florida, Bluestone provides the following services:
Geriatric Primary Care
Bluestone Physician Services has provided primary residential care to elderly patients in Minnesota assisted living and memory home settings since 2006. Physician-led provider teams make regular, on-site visits with the goal of improving health, decreasing the severity of medical issues and reducing emergency and hospital admissions.
Superior care for patients
Under Bluestone’s personalized, on-site care, patients:
- Experience a model of care created specifically for them.
- Avoid exposure to germs and illness found at traditional clinics.
- Benefit from collaboration between provider, nursing staff and family through the Bluestone Bridge, an online communication tool.
- Experience fewer emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
- Receive proactive care for chronic conditions, including dementia.
- Enjoy social interaction from provider team visits.
- Receive proactive, comprehensive care planning with their family and provider to meet their individual needs.
Peace of mind for families
Family members enjoy more quality time with their loved one while spending less time traveling to appointments and sitting in waiting rooms. With on-site lab, X-ray and other support services, the need to leave home is further reduced. With the Bridge, they also have the ability to communicate directly with their Bluestone provider and the rest of the patient care team.
Provider teams work with all health plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, and Bluestone charges no additional fees to residents or communities for our services.
Added benefits for community staff
Bluestone aims to help community staff through seamless collaboration, which ultimately improves patient care. Staff in Bluestone partner communities experience:
- Collaboration with health care providers who understand the residential care system
- Coordination with on-site X-ray and lab services, and home care and hospice companies
- Seamless communication with Bluestone and families, plus easy prescription ordering, via the Bluestone Bridge
- Continuity of patient care, including transitional care management, which lowers hospital re-admissions
- Oversight of medication, refills and medical and prescription forms
- Ongoing support, education, CEU and training opportunities